Re: The 'git' Debian package in squeeze

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:30:11PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> I believe the upstream was last modified in 1997. So that's
> 12 years of "seniority", but it's also 12 years in which
> the upstream source was essentially unmaintained. If we
> really did decide that our priority was packages, rather
> than users, I'd hope some other metric than age was used to
> resolve any such conflicts.

While I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you (it was me who did the
git -> gnuit rename), I just wanted to point out that gnuit now actively
maintained upstream (I adopted it upstream a couple of years ago)

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@debian.org - ianb@erislabs.net - http://erislabs.net/ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA