Re: The 'git' Debian package in squeeze

> > Well, except _not_ to abet the hostile takeover of a
> > project name that has been around since ... I don't know,
> > but the Debian package goes back to 1997.

[Jon Dowland]
> In what way is it hostile?

It is hostile in the sense that nobody in Linus-git went to GNU-git
to ask permission before using the same name for a whole different
project.  I could be wrong, maybe somebody did get permission.

To be clear, I'm not accusing Debian of a hostile takeover, I'm
accusing upstream of a hostile takeover.  I'm accusing Debian of
abetting it.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/