Re: Situation of long threads in -devel

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> Le vendredi 14 août 2009 à 01:16 -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :

>> Joss going from "what's the point in Standards-Version?" to filing a
>> Lintian bug asking for configuration capabilities to make it easier to
>> ignore the tag in the course of what felt like less than a day (this is
>> subjective -- I may well be *way* off) really hammered my mood more
>> than it probably should have.  As both a Policy delegate and a Lintian
>> maintainer, I felt like it was direct criticism both coming and going,
>> in a fast-escalating argument that I didn't really have the energy to
>> expend on.

> Maybe you shouldn’t take that personally? How about treating the lintian
> bug for what it is? A feature request, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes.  I should indeed not take that personally.  That's actually kind of
what I was trying to say, but you got a small bit of a core dump along
with it.  My apologies if it sounded like I was trying to make my
emotional reaction your problem.  The point of sharing that information
was more to partly explain why I was reacting too strongly instead, for
which I apologize.

The Lintian bug is an entirely reasonable feature request, even if I
personally would prefer you did maintain S-V in your packages.