Re: Automatic Debug Packages

On Fri, Aug 14 2009, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 09:42:55AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 13 2009, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>
>> > Yes, dpkg, apt-get, aptitude and synaptic all work perfectly fine.
>
>>         The debug command addresses my concerns here.
>
> You know this command doesn't actually exist, right?  AFAIK it's only
> referenced in an Ubuntu wiki spec, and this part of that spec doesn't appear
> to have been implemented.

        As far as I can see none of this is actually present now. The
 archive scripts have not been modified, there is not debug/* archive
 section, there are no downloadable share, yada et al helper packages
 have not yet been modified.

        So I would actually have been very surprised were
 aptitude/synaptic ahead of the curve and had current support.

        This whole thread seems to be about getting policy to write up
 things, with most of the proposal currently not implemented in
 Debian.  Now, I think you meant to warn me that some of the currently
 proposed features do not have code in other distributions either, and
 that's fair warning.

        manoj
--
There are two problems with a major hangover.  You feel like you are
going to die and you're afraid that you won't.