Re: The wider implications of debhelper/dbus breakage

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:19:50AM +0200, Steffen Moeller wrote:
Not? Was the originally uploaded package correct? Amazing. Hm. Then,
it should be lintian errors that denote a build as a failure, indeed,
and these should somehow be detected by the mechanism that uploads the
packages ... not by the buildd admin.

It's impossible to catch every issue in an automated way. There are
things that can be caught (such as, /maybe/, this), but you have to deal
with the fact that some things will still slip through the cracks.

I'm also not at all sure whether sbuild runs lintian during the build.
Perhaps that would be good, though.

AFAIK the FTP Team is working on a system to prevent uploads which have lintian errors. The whole category of lintian errors has already been assessed and possible overrides are planned to arrive in the NEW queue at least once... Please do note that I'm talking about errors, not about warnings.

Cheers

Luk