Re: ia32-libs depends on ia32-apt-get ?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 05:43:16AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> See the various links on http://wiki.debian.org/multiarch for the work
> on multiarch going back to 2004.

I reviewed that page prior to the UDS session.

It was all but useless (and I had to edit the page to update several links
which had gone dead).

It's an incoherent collection of links to everything anyone has ever said
about multiarch in public.  Half of them are things that have been rejected
by one party or another.  Nowhere on this page could I find any
specification of the package manager implementation aside from
<http://multiarch.alioth.debian.org/dpkg2.pdf>, which is a design that
hasn't gone anywhere (the proposer of this dpkg 2.0 design is no longer
involved in dpkg upstream).

So if that page is your evidence that there's a master plan that you're
working to:  then no, there hasn't been.