Re: ia32-libs depends on ia32-apt-get ?

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mo, 29 Jun 2009, Mark Brown wrote:
> > > Figure out an acceptable option 4.
> >
> > Multiarch was mentioned in the original thread.
>
> Not that I was happy with the original situation (filing myself a bug),
> but all that "multiarch" blabla and nothing is going forward in this
> direction, so this is not a reasonable solution until nobody steps
> forward and does the work for that.

There is work going on recently. Steve Langasek drafted a plan that he
wants to bring forward in Ubuntu Karmic Koala and it has been reviewed by
Guillem Jover, the dpkg maintainer. Guillem also has plans to make it a
reality inside Debian but I don't know of any timeframe.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/