Re: ia32-libs depends on ia32-apt-get ?

Yannick <yannick.roehlly@free.fr> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>> There where 3 options:
>>
>> 1) ia32-libs + ia32-libs-gtk (+ ia32-libs-kde + ia32-libs-qt)
>> ftp-master asked us to clean that up basically and
>> "it would not pass NEW if it where uploaded now"
>>
>> 2) ia32-lib* packages in the same schema as ia32-libs
>> vetoed by ftp-master for being way to many packages as ugly as
>> ia32-libs
>>
>> 3) ia32-apt-get
>>
>> So strike option 1 and 2 and what are you left with?
>
> Isn't it possible to have a system similar to apt-build?
>
> One would do "ia32-apt-convert ia32-libfoo" that would convert libfoo 32bits

/usr/lib/ia32-libs-tools/convert <amd64|ia64> libfoo_1.2-3_i386.deb

> package and its dependencies, put it in a local repository. Then the user
> could install ia32-libfoo with apt-get, aptitude, whatever.

apt-get install ia32-archive

It is probably slightly out of sync with ia32-apt-get because the
libc6-i386 upload forced a bit of a rush job on the latest changes but
if you look at it you get the idea.

Once I have time to verrify ia32-archive still works right and have
time to introduce an ia32-remote-archive dummy package I will probably
change ia32-libs to Depends: ia32-apt-get | ia32-archive |
ia32-remobe-archive.

> Yannick
>
> PS: Of course, there would be a ia32-apt-update to update all the ia32-*
> installed.

ia32-archive already has a hook in /etc/apt/apt-conf.d/ that does that
automatically on update.

MfG
        Goswin