Re: RFS: kernelcheck

On Sat Jun 20 09:28, David Paleino wrote:
> Now that I read Ben's mail again, I see that his concern is also about the
> Maintainer field. I suppose that should be a real name too then? Or is it ok
> having a pseudonym because it's the sponsor taking responsibility for
> the upload? (given that using this pseudonym he won't ever become a DD/DM)

Sponsors take responsibility for the upload, so this should be fine.

Also, going back to the note about reputation; There's no reason
reputation can't be associated with a pseudonym or with a GPG key
attached to a pseudonym. Anyway, I have no idea whether my sponsorees
who I have never met and haven't gone through ID check are using their
real names. If I don't care about that, why should I care about someone
who is using a pseudonym that doesn't look like a real name.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson