Re: RFS: kernelcheck

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:21:04 +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> la, 2009-06-20 kello 08:56 +0200, David Paleino kirjoitti:
> > Is material copyrightable under a nickname, instead of a realname?
>
> Yes, in all jurisdictions I am aware of. It's called a pseudonym and
> tends to be explicitly recognized by copyright laws.

Ok.

> [..]
> Debian has traditionally not allowed upload rights (or DD status) to
> people whose legal name is not known. The reason is that a lot of power
> comes with upload rights, and we want/need some accountability. If you
> abuse your power, we need to know whom to blame.

Now that I read Ben's mail again, I see that his concern is also about the
Maintainer field. I suppose that should be a real name too then? Or is it ok
having a pseudonym because it's the sponsor taking responsibility for
the upload? (given that using this pseudonym he won't ever become a DD/DM)

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino