Re: deprecating /usr as a standalone filesystem?

>         Sure. I can hack things so that I have a writable home directory
>  for root while having a read only /. But then it is incorrect to state
>  that it "works out of the box".
>
>         manoj

If you have a read-only / you need to have /var and /home as seperate
filesystem. Requireing to have /root seperate as well is no
different. That is still out of the box for me.

Also I don't consider writing to /root normal. "Works out of the box
for normal operations" if you will.

MfG
        Goswin