Re: Misc developer news (#15)

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

RFH: Removing spam from the listarchive
---------------------------------------

As you all know, Lists and the Listarchive aren't 100% Spam-free. So we
provide a 'Report as Spam' on every page in the archive. Now we set up a
system to review those nominations, as it turned out that also
inappropriate or controversial postings have been reported.

If you want to help us to get rid of the Spam from the archive, go to [9]
and follow the instructions. You need a @debian.org-Mailadress to
participate.

I never got any information whether the liststat effort turned
out to be useful in this topic after I wrote to listmaster:

  On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:

  > On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Cord Beermann wrote:
  >
  >> I'd like to take your input into our spamremoval-effort, at least for
  >> nominating for review and maybe as one 'spam'-vote in the review
  >> process.
  >
  > I tweaked my script for the mailing list stats and now it just
  > prints an URL per line.  Currently I have 4290 URLs in
  >
  >     http://sd-13492.dedibox.fr/~tille/spamurls.txt
  >
  > Feel free to use them as you feel apropriate
  >
  >      Andreas.

The fact that this URL is not avialbale any more (I just noticed this
just now) but nobody asked me about this lets me guess that the data
was actually not used.  The file is now available at

    http://blends.debian.net/liststats/spamurls.txt

and I'm keen on hearing which additional information you might need
to count the mails mentioned in this file as SPAM vote.

Kind regards and thanks for caring for listmaster

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de