Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff? (was: Re: phyml_20081203-1_powerpc.changes REJECTED)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 04:16:08PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le lundi 27 avril 2009 à 14:44 +0200, Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
> > If you're annoyed by cc:s (well, Holger, I know you are, you told me about that
> > more than once :-) ), configure your mailclient to set Mail-Followup-To and hope
> > for the next poster's mailclient to support that header. Which actually means
> > that, to a certain degree, those annoyed by cc:s could themselves do something
> > about it.

> Mail-Followup-To is:
>      A. Useless junk without clear semantics
>      B. Violating standards
>      C. Only supported by a handful of clients
>      D. Obi-wan Kenobi says: “All of the above”

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98dec/I-D/draft-ietf-drums-mail-followup-to-00.txt

Perfectly well defined.

People who object to Mail-Followup-To even though it precisely addresses
this problem and would be perfectly suitable as a basis for standardization
are:

  a) wankers
  b) obstructionists
  c) on Dick Cheney's payroll