Re: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:12:45PM +0200, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> was heard to say:
> On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
>>  I would prefer Restructured Text, for the simple reason that it has an
>> actual specification with a fairly complete description of its syntax
>> and semantics.
>
> I do not have practical experience with both and so I do not have
> any preference.  The only thing I'f fear is that we might loose track
> in finally solving the problem in discussing which library to use.
> So do you think I should try to switch from markdown to reST in the
> debug output project?

  I hesitate to tell you what to do, since I'm not the one doing the
work.  But I think it would be worthwhile to at least prototype both
options and see how they stack up.  I also should say that I only have
practical experience with Markdown (except that I've edited Wikis
occasionally and some of them use RST); the alternative looks better
to me, but it's easy to say that when I haven't actually used it. :-)

> For those who are interested: At
>
>   http://blends.debian.net/debug/tasks/

  Wow, that's a lot of work!  I certainly won't ask you to do it all
over again.

  Daniel