Re: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

[ FWIW, if you want to try it out please use the live version [1],
 I've just fixed a stupid bug which caused ignoring the last
 paragraph of a description ]

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-python-debian/python-debian.git;a=blob_plain;f=examples/deb822/render-dctrl;hb=HEAD

+           # accept also '.' and 'o' as bullets
+           l = re.sub('^(\s*)[.o]\s+', '\\1* ', l)
+           # use real URLs
+           l = re.sub('<*([fh]t?tp://[-./\w?=~;&]+)>*', '[\\1](\\1)', l)
<snip>
to enable working with currently used bullet symbols '.' and 'o' as
well as it was suggested above in the thread.

Well, it depends on the goal. Mine was on the line of what I perceived
it was "consensus" (totally subjective perception), that of trying to
use a standard language: either Markdown or RST. My implementation is
for the former, and I tried to avoid supporting anything in
addition.

BTW, that's fine.  Just forget the URL thingy.  But I've thougt supporting
'.' and 'o' for a transitional period sound like a reasonable move to
speed up the change (even if the use of these bullets should be warned about
by lintian).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--