Re: realtime kernel for Debian

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
Andreas Tille wrote:
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Cassiel wrote:

debian stable aims to production servers,

That's wrong.  Debian stable aims at production systems.  If your
arguing would be true I wonder why stable contains applications like
Openoffice.org or audio players or  ...

IMO multimedia users can/should live with
testing without any fear of system crashes and security updates.

I guess there are multimedia users out there who care much about a
stable system, reproducible results and have to earn some money from
their work - so they do not want to deal with unforseable changes.
Please do not advertise testing as a release which is ready for
users.  (Yes, I admit I use testing in the way you describe - but
*I* know what I'm doing.)

But is not that big problem to install two kernels? One, the default Lenny kernel and an RT kernel from testing?

To get some progress here, I'm searching for a person who wants and is capable in filing a wishlist bug (with a patch vs. the package linux-2.6

thanks in advance,

\r