Re: why is Ardour pretty outdated in stable and not in testing?

Vincent Danjean wrote:
Grammostola Rosea wrote:
I read this on the Debian multimedia mailinglist:
Unfortunately lenny was already freezed by that time, and although
both of the above updates were really safe (IMO) and despite all the
efforts I and especially Reinhard put into convincing the release
managers, we are unable to convince them to accept the updates in
lenny.

I personally felt very disappointed by all this, especially
considering that lenny got out *2* months later.
Please some reactions on this issue and I hope it can be solved! Would
be great! :)

IMHO, the best thing to do in these cases is to prepare lenny backports of
the packages...
It is not as good as if the packages were in lenny, but it allows lenny users
to easily install the packages without switching to testing or waiting for
the next release.

Free (Debian Multimedia member),

Could you comment on this? I think it's the best when Ardour will hit Lenny. Second option is as a Lenny backport.

Btw. why doesn't Ardour from unstable hit testing? This is normal for packages in Sid after some time right? Now there is no Ardour in stable AND testing.

Thanks in advance,

\r