Re: Please Improve Debian for Multimedia Production

Grammostola Rosea,

Hi. I took the suggestion of one of the replies to your original post
and read about debian pure blends, and at first I thought demudi was a
pure blend; it's listed as one of the projects but is not actually a
pure blend, which I guess means they might have updated apps and
specifically compiled kernels to support various pro audio needs.

I want also to direct your attention to the kernel, as it has the
possibility to be more supportive of those specific needs, by having
low latency and real-time extensions patched and enabled. The debian
folks (especially "waldi" aka Bastien Blank will say some or all of
these are less stable than they could be -- perhaps googling around or
asking him when he's not so busy will drum up some details.)

To the group,

I'd like to see Demudi become a pure blend. What are the issues?