Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

ti, 2009-03-24 kello 17:50 -0500, Manoj Srivastava kirjoitti:
>         I am expressing my opinion now, on a mailing list devoted to
>  debian development.  I have not been keeping up witht eh bureaucratic
>  rigmarole that seems to be being wrapped around discussions, not after
>  we got the notice that there was a topic to be discussed, but we should
>  not discuss it since the red-tape software was broken.

It's not very clearly written into DEP0, but it was always my intention,
I and think Zack's and Dato's (that is, the people who came up with DEP
in the first place), that the DEP process should introduce very low
levels of bureucracy, and that _all_ the bureaucracy would be handled by
the drivers. Indeed, as far as anyone else is concerned, the DEP might
not even exist.

>         Whoever is drafting the draft ought to be paying attention to
>  the feedback being generated now,  and create a better draft to start
>  with.

I fully concur.