Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> writes:

> I don't understand the disconnect here.
>
> A license check must, by definition, involve each file in the package.
>
> As re-quoted from the quote you previously quoted:
>
>   "I don't see why it should be considered that much extra effort
>   documenting the process."

Given that many people have already said that it is, perhaps this is the
point where you should just accept that they're not lying to you and
instead you're suffering from a failure of imagination?

I know from personal experience (having done this as an experiment for
several packages of mine, including some fairly large ones) that it is
indeed quite a bit of extra effort.  This is for several reasons,
including the simple fact that I read a lot faster than I type.