Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 04:24:55PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> When you spend more time on administrative stuff that no one will ever
> care about than on actual packaging stuff, something is very wrong. As I
> have already explained, I won’t spend any more time doing that. If you
> feel like REJECTing packages because of that, fine. We’ll surely find
> some NMs to disgust by doing administrative trivia, and in the meantime
> packages will be found on a repository on alioth.

Again, while the documentation of individual licenses may not be policy, it is
certainly policy for each package to be thoroughly checked for licensing issues.
As this necessarily involves looking at each file, I don't see why it should be
considered that much extra effort documenting the process.

Ensuring DFSG compatibility is hardly administrative fluff.