Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 08:45:55PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Given that many people have already said that it is, perhaps this is the
> point where you should just accept that they're not lying to you and
> instead you're suffering from a failure of imagination?
>
> I know from personal experience (having done this as an experiment for
> several packages of mine, including some fairly large ones) that it is
> indeed quite a bit of extra effort.  This is for several reasons,
> including the simple fact that I read a lot faster than I type.

Sure, I accept your points, and I apologise for my sloppy wording.

Firmly in my mind is the cost/benefit of this extra effort. If we succeed in
integrating debian/copyright checks into lintian, or dpkg and it's front-ends,
it seems reasonable to imagine that this effort would be a good trade-off.