Re: Please Improve Debian for Multimedia Production

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009, Grammostola Rosea wrote:

Speaking for the pkg-multimedia-maintainers, i.e. the actual Debian Multimedia Team, we don't see ourself as a Debian Blend. We are just a bunch of maintainers maintaining a bunch of packages *in* Debian:

Right, and that is what blends are about -- maintaining packages *in*
Debian.

I really hope that people will get the right impression what Blends
are and start reading before they make wrong assumptions.

My aim as the thread starter was to ask for developers and/or package maintainers for multimedia in Debian. Because there are a lot nice packages which are not in Debian now or are pretty outdated. I know the Debian Multimedia Team exist, but I think they can use some help here...

Yes, definitely.  And to get some help you need to be visible and give
your project some better structure.  If you want to learn about the
reason for maintaining a Blend instead of beeing a bunch of maintainers
just read the doc [1] (BTW, this helps to avoid wrong asumptions that
packages are not *in* Debian).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/blends/