Re: Please Improve Debian for Multimedia Production

Michael Hanke wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 04:29:35PM +0100, Fabian Greffrath wrote:
As an additional hint the multimedia team might consider using the Debian Pure
Blends framework which enables them to show quite simply what is just there and
what they are working on (for instance see just issued bits [1]).  So if you
are interested in those tasks and bugs pages or in multimedia related metapackages
just ask me in case there might be some technical questions about Blends.
You can read more here [2].
Speaking for the pkg-multimedia-maintainers, i.e. the actual Debian Multimedia Team, we don't see ourself as a Debian Blend. We are just a bunch of maintainers maintaining a bunch of packages *in* Debian:

Right, and that is what blends are about -- maintaining packages *in*
Debian. You just get some additional magic that helps you to make your
work a bit more visible and guides users like the starter of this
thread, as well as potential contributers
My aim as the thread starter was to ask for developers and/or package maintainers for multimedia in Debian. Because there are a lot nice packages which are not in Debian now or are pretty outdated. I know the Debian Multimedia Team exist, but I think they can use some help here...

Regards,

\r