Re: Re: Please Improve Debian for Multimedia Production

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 04:29:35PM +0100, Fabian Greffrath wrote:
>> As an additional hint the multimedia team might consider using the Debian Pure
>> Blends framework which enables them to show quite simply what is just there and
>> what they are working on (for instance see just issued bits [1]).  So if you
>> are interested in those tasks and bugs pages or in multimedia related metapackages
>> just ask me in case there might be some technical questions about Blends.
>> You can read more here [2].
>
> Speaking for the pkg-multimedia-maintainers, i.e. the actual Debian
> Multimedia Team, we don't see ourself as a Debian Blend. We are just a
> bunch of maintainers maintaining a bunch of packages *in* Debian:

Right, and that is what blends are about -- maintaining packages *in*
Debian. You just get some additional magic that helps you to make your
work a bit more visible and guides users like the starter of this
thread, as well as potential contributers

Overly simplifying, you get something like this:

http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.html

instead of:

> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-multimedia-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org

;-)