Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 05:45:11PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> I guess people think the new copyright proposal mandates mentioning the
> copyright holders etc. in a much more verbose way than Policy does so
> far.
>
> So people consider it a regression with respect to their routine.

Great, so it seems we have made progress!

If the consensus is that broad-brush copyright information is suitable for
Debian, we should make it clear in the copyright proposal that people are free
to make that judgement call.

I apologise if I came across as too aggressive, I was only disheartened by what
seemed to be a conflation of separate issues. I see the copyright proposal as a
format, not policy, document. If people want to formalise the granularity of our
copyright information, then so be it, but let's do that as a separate effort.

Best,