Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 01:07:44PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 20 mars 2009 à 13:02 +0100, Romain Beauxis a écrit :
> > Le Friday 20 March 2009 12:55:05 Josselin Mouette, vous avez écrit :
> > > Fine. Do you have co-maintainers on sale?
> >
> > It is not about co-maintaining, but about co-reviewing which is a totally
> > different task.
>
> Do you really think we can find an unlimited amount of volunteers
> willing to continuously read thousands of files to find the list of
> copyright holders?

Nobody said anything about needing an unlimited amount of collaborators.

However, it is required that we check every single file we upload to the Debian
archives, so this task has to be done in some form or another. If you feel like
your current packages are too much effort, maybe you should look for
collaborators on them to ease the ask.

If we cannot do this simple thing, maybe we shouldn't be distributing software.