Re: Breaking /emul/ia32-linux for squeeze

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le dimanche 15 mars 2009 à 01:30 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
>> Say you have acrobat reader installed which depend on ia32-libs-gtk.
>> You also have libgtk2.0 (i386) installed with a newer version that
>> breaks acrobat reader (like it did last year). Then acrobat reader
>> will use the newer libgtk and break despide the dependencies all being
>> correct.
>
> How is it any different from acrobat on i386 breaking when you upgrade
> GTK+ the same way?

Depends: ia32-libs-gtk (<= 2.6)

It does not depend on libgtk2.0-0 (i386) but installing libgtk2.0-0
(i386) would break it. That I would really like to avoid.

Also some libraries do have conffiles or binaries and will get into a
file conflict with or without the multiarch library path. They need a
Replaces/Conflicts line anyway. Chief among them libc6 (i386)
vs. libc6-i386.

MfG
        Goswin