Re: Environment variables, debian/rules and dpkg-buildpackage

Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Note that I'm not asking to mandate the tool. I would like to mandate the
> fact that packages can rely on some environment variables being set to
> some values.

Note that packages will not necessarily pickup the environment variables.
autoconf using packages will probably do automatically, but other build-systems
still require the maintainer to pick up the changes from the environment and
passing them to the build command (eg, scons doesn't have any standard way for
that, its up to the package to define a variable). So you don't actually
guarantee that all packages use the default flags.

--

  Felipe Sateler