Re: inetd's status in Debian

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:58:31PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:

> If we have a big comment at the top of the generated file
> saying in effect "do not edit; edit /etc/inetd.conf.d/xxx and
> run update-inetd", we shouldn't have too many problems.  It's
> already done elsewhere.

Then move that file far, far away from /etc, because it is no longer a
configuration file and is an FHS violation.

It is *not ok* to try to disclaim the policy requirement to preserve admin
changes to config files with the use of a "do not edit" comment.  This meme
needs to die a horrible flaming death.