Re: -dbg packages; are they actually useful?

Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> writes:

> AFAIK, allowing LZMA in DAK is just a matter of changing one line in
> DAK.

> Do you have more details about LZMA being deprecated and replaced by XZ?

See "current state of the development" at http://tukaani.org/lzma/ and
then http://tukaani.org/xz/ and note in particular this part of the
release announcement of the latest GNU coreutils package:

    Distribution note: new suffix, ".xz" replaces ".lzma".  Note the
    better-compressed tar ball name below has the ".xz" suffix.  XZ Utils
    (new name for the improved format/tools) is the successor to lzma.
    For more info, see http://tukaani.org/xz/

It's possible that XZ archives can be uncompressed with LZMA.  I haven't
investigated further.