Re: -dbg packages; are they actually useful?

Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> writes:

> Compressing -dbg files using dh_builddeb -Zlzma, which uses lzma
> compression instead of gzip, gives an average gain of 1.88 in size for
> the current -dbg packages we have in sid.

Compressing with bzip2 is already supported by DAK and might help almost
as much.  (I realize that LZMA is a better compression scheme overall, but
it's apparently also deprecated, replaced with XZ, and using it in the
archive will require further DAK changes or work to switch to XZ instead.)