Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Don Armstrong wrote:

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009, Bill Unruh wrote:
He certainly does claim to be the copyright holder and as having the
right to license them under CDDL, and I think barring solid evidence
to the contrary, one should accept him at his word.

TPMDIR=$(mktemp -d);
cd "$TMPDIR";
wget -O- 'ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/cdrtools-beta.tar.gz'|tar -zxf -;
find . -type f |xargs grep Copyright|grep -iv Schilling

Are you claiming that he does/did not have the right to release the major
portion of the code under CDDL? (ie those portions that he did release in that
way?) Ie, that he did not have the permission of those other copyright holders
to thus release the code?

are the parts of cdrtools which are clearly not copyrighted by Joerg
Schilling. [Most of them don't matter for our discussion, but that's
why it's erroneous to claim that he's the copyright holder for all
parts of cdrtools, and why I don't make a distinction.]

At present I think we should concentrate on agreeing what the
problem is.

The problem is fairly clear; the combination of GPLed and CDDLed code
is not distributable. Whether Joerg will agree with that statement of
the problem is unlikely, but that's not really our problem anymore.

This is again far too broad a statement. Debian does distribute a combination
of GPL and many other code licenses which are not GPL-- if they apply to
separate and different programs. I am trying to narrow down the problem. So again, is the issue the
linking of mkisofs with libscg?