Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009, Bill Unruh wrote:
> He certainly does claim to be the copyright holder and as having the
> right to license them under CDDL, and I think barring solid evidence
> to the contrary, one should accept him at his word.

TPMDIR=$(mktemp -d);
cd "$TMPDIR";
wget -O- 'ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/cdrtools-beta.tar.gz'|tar -zxf -;
find . -type f |xargs grep Copyright|grep -iv Schilling

are the parts of cdrtools which are clearly not copyrighted by Joerg
Schilling. [Most of them don't matter for our discussion, but that's
why it's erroneous to claim that he's the copyright holder for all
parts of cdrtools, and why I don't make a distinction.]

> At present I think we should concentrate on agreeing what the
> problem is.

The problem is fairly clear; the combination of GPLed and CDDLed code
is not distributable. Whether Joerg will agree with that statement of
the problem is unlikely, but that's not really our problem anymore.

Don Armstrong

--
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien
a ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien a retrancher.