Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 03:49:40PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 22:26 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > If they were actively stopping people working on these issues then that
> > would be different but I have not seen them doing this.

> Great, so since there won't be any active attempts to stop, I can just
> go ahead with the work, right?

Providing you work in a constructive fashion I really don't see why this
should be a problem.  This would involve efforts to work with the kernel
maintainers and release team, of course, rather than working with no
coordination at all.  As it turns out Ben has already been actively
working on this within Debian so I'd suggest that the most constructive
way forward would be to fill in the bits that are missing there, most of
which looked like testing.