Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:55:00AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> I object to a second round of this.  I was ok with it once, as a
> compromise, but the understanding I had then was that it was a one-time
> thing, to give time to actually *fix* the problem.

Note that there is currently active upstream work to allow us to address
these issues - some of the patches are present in 2.6.27, others are
still in flight.  This is a vast step forward on where we were with etch
if we do decide to go down the route of releasing with exceptions again.

> We need the relevant maintainers to be told "your unwillingness to fix
> this means we will not be able to release".

I don't think that's a particularly constructive approach to take,
especially not in a volunteer project.