Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ‘lenny-ignore’?

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 01:32:51PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Seems like there are patches stripping the kernel of these
>  non-free blobs. So, how much would out hardware support be degraded?
>  How many people are affected by these non-free drivers?

The drm modules: Anything which includes an ATI or Matrox card and runs
X. The network modules: Not that much, it is mostly old hardware. We
already removed the bnx2x driver for the new Broadcom 10GE interfaces,
which in fact is a really new one.

Bastian

--
You canna change the laws of physics, Captain; I've got to have thirty minutes!