Re: Change the format of /usr/share/bug/*/script

Mark Brown <broonie@sirena.org.uk> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 07:21:30PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

>> Come on, we are not trying to imitate Vista. Why do you need to ask
>> tons of questions just to report a bug? Their only purpose is to
>> confuse the guy reporting a bug and who doesn???t know what this
>> /etc/apt/sources.list file is.

> The prompts about configuration files could probably be handled by
> having something like a new /usr/share/bug file listing configuration
> that may be desirable.  The frontend can then do something sensible with
> the information, at the very least collapsing multiple prompts into a
> single warning.

Yes -- how much of the interactivity would be taken care of by just having
some way for bug scripts to indicate that the user should be asked "may I
include the following files from your system in the bug report?" and the
results exported in an environment variable or something?