Re: Change the format of /usr/share/bug/*/script

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 07:21:30PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Come on, we are not trying to imitate Vista. Why do you need to ask tons
> of questions just to report a bug? Their only purpose is to confuse the
> guy reporting a bug and who doesn???t know what this /etc/apt/sources.list
> file is.

The prompts about configuration files could probably be handled by
having something like a new /usr/share/bug file listing configuration
that may be desirable.  The frontend can then do something sensible with
the information, at the very least collapsing multiple prompts into a
single warning.

> The thing that is broken is allowing bug scripts to ask questions. We
> were able to fix maintainer scripts so that they can run in
> non-interactive mode, let???s do the same for those bug scripts.

Well, we've not quite done that.  We've provided a rather nice pluggable
way of prompting which allows complete non-interaction.