Re: Change the format of /usr/share/bug/*/script

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 19:21 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 18:03 +0100, Neil Williams a écrit :
> > > Reportbug is ok with text and urwid (which also stops curses and
> > > switches to text), but the coming GTK+ interface won't support it.
> >
> > Then the GTK+ frontend is broken and should be fixed so that it can
> > support the existing format of the bug scripts.
>
> Come on, we are not trying to imitate Vista. Why do you need to ask tons
> of questions just to report a bug? Their only purpose is to confuse the
> guy reporting a bug and who doesn’t know what this /etc/apt/sources.list
> file is.

Ah well, we aren't going to agree on this - as I said, been here before.
I think interactivity in bug scripts is a good thing, you think it is a
bad thing. There we go. We have interactivity so there are more changes
involved in making in non-interactive than in supporting interactivity.

Why not create an option in the bug report tool that does a similar
thing to apt-get -y  ?

I can use an alias to retain interactivity, you can use an alias to
accept the default under all circumstances. The report tool can then
give the warning we discussed earlier to remind the user to check the
included content.

Reasonable?

> The thing that is broken is allowing bug scripts to ask questions. We
> were able to fix maintainer scripts so that they can run in
> non-interactive mode, let’s do the same for those bug scripts.

No thanks.

--

Neil Williams