Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 03:15:38PM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >> Official announcements to the outside world actually appear in
> >> debian-announce; debian-devel-announce is a developer list.
> >
> > You are a bit picky, you know? :-)
>
> I don't think so; setting the record straight isn't being picky :)
>
> > Yes: I know the difference between d-d-a and debian-announce, I
> > skimmed over it in my post because I don't think the difference affect
> > in any way my argument. Feel free to prove me wrong.
>
> I'd argue about that "official" thing that people have been using to
> qualify d-d-a. It's an announce list for developers, by
> developers.

Wrong.  While in /theory/ it might be for developers, in /practise/,
d-d-a is consumed by the public as a prime source of important
information regarding Debian besides debian-announce and debian-news.
The fact that Debian Developers are supposed ot read it does not mean
others do not, and there is not much we can do about this at this point.

Michael