Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:04:24PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> As the Debian culture is opposed to censorship, I believe that such posts do
> not belong on Planet Debian

This sounds like an oxymoron to me.

FWIW, I'm way more annoyed by _frequent_ OT blog posts totally
unrelated to Debian on Planet Debian (even though I enjoy _sporadic_
OTs) than by Joss posts.

A planet is just a planet, i.e. an aggregation of blogs which by their
own nature can contain strong opinions and strong way of expressing
them. Your implicit assumption that Planet Debian conveys an
"official" message to our community is totally unsound IMO. We have
d-d-a for our official message (yes, Joss abused that, and has been
appropriately blamed for), Planet is something else.

Live with that.

Cheers.