[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:28:12PM +0100, Jan Niehusmann wrote:
> I don't like the current vote either and wouldn't mind if it was
> canceled.
> My suggestion is to do a very simple vote first, with only two choices: 
> a) continue with the release process and don't wait for further GRs
> 	Of course this means, effectively, that we do trust the release
> 	team and other developers involved in the release process
> b) wait with the lenny release until we made decisions on the open
> issues
> 	This means that we don't want do be hasty, take our time to
> 	agree what the open issues are, how they could be resolved and
> 	what further GRs are necessary to finally decide on these
> 	matters.
> The third option, further discussion, could be included on the ballot
> for completeness, but as it is roughly equivalent to "I don't want to
> delay lenny but I don't want to release it in it's current state
> either", it's only for people who really can't decide what they want :-)
> IMHO we have to bite the bullet: Either we release lenny without
> agreeing on the DFSG issues first, or we delay lenny.
> As the vote suggested above is only sensible if lenny isn't delayed by
> the vote itself, it would be good to start it ASAP and do it with a
> shortened voting period.

I support this suggestion and would like to see the current vote


Dominic Hargreaves | http://www.larted.org.uk/~dom/
PGP key 5178E2A5 from the.earth.li (keyserver,web,email)

Reply to: