Re: volunteers wanted for driving/finalizing a DEP on debian/copyright format

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 12:26:03PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> How should we go about collecting to the contributers? Should I post
> a note to the wiki (alerting the subscribers) about this, and if so,
> where to direct people for collaboration?

It is up to you. From a management point of view, I don't think you
should look for many people as the drivers. We already have two people
in this thread which volunteered for that (you are one of the two). I
suggest you start together to shape the first draft and see how to
make the work fit in the DEP process (remember that Sam proposed the
copyright stuff before we had DEPs).

Also, you should get your DEP number (see DEP0 for info).

Then, when you have a draft, you post it to -devel looking for
consensus. The main role of the drivers is keep the ball rolling,
trying to reach consensus.

> > As a repository if we want we have the DEP repository which can be used by
> > that, but you are free also to use the wiki page (maybe a new, temporarily
> > private one) or a personal repo of yours.
>
> The existing DEP repository should be fine.

OK, I must admit I don't remember the details of how to access it.  I
Cc: Adeodato Simo, which did most of the work on the technical side,
he can provide info (but I'm sure you can find out by yourself, IIRC
it is the "dep" alioth project, you can require to be added to it as
usual).

Cheers.