Re: volunteers wanted for driving/finalizing a DEP on debian/copyright format

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 01:05:56PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:49:25AM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> > To get this started we need a mailing list and a repository, then we
> > can place a notice on the wiki directing people to the mailing list
> > and make the wiki page immutable so that there is no confusion.
>
> Come on, do you really need all this for just the DEP drivers?
>
> The idea behind DEPs is to have a small (2-3 typically) number of drivers,
> which can easily discuss among them via private mail, just for the sake of
> shaping the work. Then, for the various intermediate steps (draft, ...) the
> discussion will be public anyhow, and it is assumed to take part on the most
> appropriate mailing list (I'd say -devel for this particular DEP, in other
> cases can be -project).

Oh, okay, that makes sense.

How should we go about collecting to the contributers? Should I post a note to
the wiki (alerting the subscribers) about this, and if so, where to direct
people for collaboration?

> As a repository if we want we have the DEP repository which can be used by
> that, but you are free also to use the wiki page (maybe a new, temporarily
> private one) or a personal repo of yours.

The existing DEP repository should be fine.