Re: Please hint poppler-data for lenny inclusion

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:32:21 +0200
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Also don't forget about suggesting to add it to the CJK languages
> -desktop tasks in tasksel, if it is that important.
>
> I think that non-free packages can be added there...

 That's very very helpful for our users!

 If not, users must edit their apt lines by hand, and know this
 poppler-data package is needed to view PDF files, it's painful
 thing for average users (Yes, I can do that easily, and you can
 also do that, but your mother, father, little brother or sister
 probably can't do that).

 "Our priorities are our users and free software" - yeah, you know that,
 "users" are important for us :) (not only free software)

 So I and other Japanese Debian developer/maintainer/package maintainer/
 users want poppler-data package to there, the CJK languages-desktop
 tasks in tasksel. Please consider that.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp