Re: Problems with ia64 and lcd4linux

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

>  1) Fix the source to build again on ia64.  This is fairly quick and it
>     will take 2-10 days to propagate into testing after it is done.

At least version 0.10.1~rc2-1 did build without problem. The -2 upload
did not introduce any ia64 specific changes. I would therefore assume
that the -2 package would build just fine on ia64.

If there have been linux headers related changes which break the build
of lcd4linux a bugreport with a buildllog would have been extremly
helpful here.

>  2) Ask the ftpmasters to remove the ia64 binaries from the archive.
>     This take a random amount of time, as the ftpmasters need to get
>     through their todo list and down to your removal request.  If they
>     discover that it is easy to solve by adding some #ifdefs to the
>     source, I suspect they will ask you to use option 1) instead.

They have already removed the ia64 binary. Thanks Thomas for that!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4