Re: Practical solutions to: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 01:03:01PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> If there are sets of usertags which are in common use by a reasonable
> number of diverse packages, and are something that would normally be
> put on the foopkg@packages.debian.org user (that is to say, make them
> visible by default) then file a bug against bugs.debian.org askiing
> for that tag to be made a real tag.
>
> That's the best way to standardize usertags which are currently not
> bts-wide tags.

Ack on the general principle.

However, the need which was pointed out to seemed to me more than a tag:
in my head it was distilled as "priority", as available in other bug
tracking systems. This is something that can be encoded with usertags,
but such an encoding does not have good properties such as mutual
exclusion of alternative priorities.

In this respect, if I were the one to ask something to be integrated in
the BTS, I would ask for the implementation of the priority feature,
which is more than just adding a new tag.

[ FWIW, I would second the proposers of such a feature, but right now
I'm offline and can't even check if it is already there as a feature
request, possibly marked as wontfix ... ]

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/