Re: Practical solutions to: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:51:42AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 21 février 2008 à 23:31 -0600, John Goerzen a écrit :
> > 5) A way of sorting bugs by "hack on this first".  Our priorities are not
> > necessarily this way. For instance, we may have a wishlist bug to package
> > the new upstream and a serious bug that is caused by a bug in the current
> > upstream and may be fixed by the new upstream.  Makes sense to do the
> > wishlist bug first and then test to see if it's gone away.  In a sense, we
> > need a field that means nothing to anybody except the maintainers, and is a
> > value that the maintainers can use for whatever purpose they like.
>
> We already have usertags. They could be made easier to use, especially
> so that the maintainer can define a default view for the package, but
> this only helps seeing bugs that have *already* been triaged.

I'd like to see at least certain sets of usertags standardized across
packages for common cases like this. One reason I've not really used
usertags yet is because I haven't laid down a good set of rules for using
them. If those who make heavy use of usertags could get together and form
some sort of consensus standard so that outsiders to the team could find
out common information without having to hunt down the team's specific
documentation, it'd help enormously.

 - David Nusinow