Re: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

On 22/02/2008, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Do you think that there is a chance we find a group of people who
> really like mentoring/training others? If so, we could maybe set up
> kind of a bug-frontdesk taking over _all_ new bug reports for a
> moment and checking them for a the bit of information that seems
> crucial to fix/reproduce the bug.

You might find some people usually trying to help others on -mentors
(and/or on #-mentors). Helping bug-workers figure out where to use
gdb, strace, and the like isn't that complicated. Of course, there are
hard bugs, and those might take more time. But helping others learn
basic tool might help, if they're able to provide a backtrace by
themselves, check that reported crashes aren't just PEBCAK's and so
on. Although the timeslots I reserved to Debian until last months are
going to be reduced soon, I would be interested in being part of such
a group.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois